SPOD gives T-shirts a Second Life
Every product SPOD prints for your business is perfectly unique. This means we can't just put your customers’ returns back on the shelf and sell them to someone else. That is why we pride ourselves in receiving less than 2% returns overall. In total, that's almost 200,000 items per year. And we’re committed to not let them go to waste.
Donations & recycling
At SPOD, we’ve introduced sustainable measures to improve our ecological footprint by putting returns to good use. Instead of throwing away returned items that are still as good as new, we donate and up-cycle T-shirts, hoodies, caps, and more.
On average, one to two boxes of returned clothing per week find their way to youth centers, schools, sports clubs, children's aid services, shelters and aid agencies. Any like-new returned goods that we are not allowed to donate for legal reasons (for example if they feature company logos or personalized designs) still get a second life with us:
We hand them over to a recycling company that processes them into insulation wool and cleaning cloths.
Initiatives we’ve supported
- Municipal Public Library Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna w Kielcach, Kielce, Poland
- Emergency relief for listed dog Listenhunde Nothilfe e. V., Birkenheide, Germany
- Homeless charity Protection Civile Paris Seine - Antenne de Paris 8 & 9, Paris, France
- Helferherz Flensburg, privately organized help for homeless people and their animals in Flensburg, Germany
- Charity event for cancer aid Uckermark gegen Leukämie e. V., Bad Freienwalde, Germany
- Inhab educational institution for vocational promotion and training center, Leipzig, Germany
- Football Club Kronsdorfer Fußballverein von 1931 e. V., Lübeck, Germany
Are you interested in receiving a donation?
We look forward to making new contacts in our network! We also welcome creative ideas and love to hear your inspiring stories. Feel free to send us an email about your project to: email@example.com. Please provide the following information to help us select donations for your initiative:
- Who are you and what kind of work do you do?
- What kind of clothing or accessories are you looking for? (quantity, type, appearance, sizes, etc.)
- When will you need our support?
- We look forward to your message!
When you run your online shop with SPOD, you can rest assured that any returned items do not go to waste. What other steps are you taking to make your business more sustainable? Consider stocking SPOD’s organic lines for men, women and kids and stay tuned for news about our switch to plastic-free packaging!